Hey guys. This is it! The is THE PIZZA I ate 3-4 times per week during my 8 week body transformation. Even as I write this I am ready to hit up the grocery store again for some more Naan bread. I’m making Naan bread pizza again for dinner tonight!
Naan is an Indian flatbread that is perfect for pizza-making. Although it resembles a pita, Naan is way more delicious and has proven to NOT bloat me like other breads can do. I choose to NOT add cheese to this pizza for the sake of my weight maintenance, but feel free to build this pizza any ‘ole way you wish and add any toppings you darn well please.
Watch the video recipe…
Are you ready to sink you teeth into this pizza, or what!?
- Garlic Naan Bread
- 1 whole tomato per Naan (cut each tomato in half)
- 1 garlic clove per Naan
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Sliced Red Onions
- Other toppings of your choice
- Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning
- Begin by preparing tomato sauce: Grate the tomato halves using a cheese grater, then set aside.
- Crush the garlic cloves.
- Add olive oil to the pan and sautee’ the crushed garlic on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to the pan and simmer for an addition minute or two while sprinkling in salt, pepper & Italian seasoning to taste.
- Transfer sauce onto each piece of Naan.
- Add your desired toppings to the Naan.
- Bake Naan in 425 degree oven for approximately 10-12 mins, or to desired done-ness (yup, I said “done-ness”)
Naan bread is popping up more and more in stores everywhere. Stonefire Naan is my favorite brand. It’s usually found in the bakery or deli section of grocery stores. Check the Stonefire Naan bread store locator to find a store near you.
Get the nostalgic Salt & Pepper Shakers featured in the video. I use these everyday!
The post Naan Bread Pizza for Weight Loss (With 5 Minute Homemade Pizza Sauce) appeared first on Yum Yucky.