Brooklyn Fit Chick Vlog: Episode 60
Featuring: My New Facebook Fan Page, “10 Things You Don’t Know About Me”
& My Barre Conditioning Workout DVD Giveaway
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there!
This week I am following a Facebook meme—“10 Things You Don’t Know About Me” which I have been witnessing the last few days. I absolutely LOVE these lists and do enjoy learning more about my friends by following them so I am bringing that today. Plus, I have a super great DVD giveaway today so let’s get right to it!
First, my news for the week:
- I just want to remind you that I have finally put together a Facebook fan page and would LOVE it if you would “like” the page (Here is the Link) Merci in advance!
- Very soon I will be blogging for the brand-new website SweatGuru and could not be more thrilled about this. I will post more details of this soon!
“10 Things You May Not Know About Me”
After enjoying other people’s “10 Things you May Not Know About Me” lists I decided to try one of my own. Hope you like it but do not expect anyone to agree with me!
- When I graduated from college (San Jose State!) I took the summer off and went backpacking through Europe. It was the best adventure ever.
- I have a hard time switching channels if either of the first two Godfather movies, the first two (real) Star Wars films or Baby Boom is on TV. They are all my visual crack and I cannot seem to quit them no matter how many times I have seen them.
- When I was 7 years old I had a bike accident and managed to bite through my tongue. (I still have that scar.)
- When I was 17 I sliced the tip off of my right pointer finger while working at a fast food joint. (It grew back, like a starfish!)
- I have a tattoo of a rosebud on my hip.
- Artichokes make me uncomfortable. Just looking at them gives me the willies.
- I have never seen one episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory.
- I have never seen from beginning to the end any of these films: Dirty Dancing, Top Gun, Mean Girls, The Sound of Music or Love, Actually.
- Whenever I hear a Bon Jovi or Sheryl Crow song I have to change the channel. Just do NOT like either of their music. It’s not personal.
- I think the following things are overrated: Madonna, Apple Computers, salmon, The Replacements and “Spring” as a season. I mean, come on—every other season is far more interesting and fun!
Now on to this week’s Vlog!
Soooo, are you interested in learning more about the DVD? Here you go! (By the way, the DVD is being provided to me by Anchor Bay Entertainment but I am not being compensated for this placement.)
Develop the Grace of a Dancer, the Strength of an Athlete and a Body That Won’t Quit with the New
“ELEMENT: BARRE CONDITIONING” DVD
Beverly Hills, CA – Barre workouts are among the hottest fitness trend and the new ”Element: Barre Conditioning” DVD brings that experience home using an ordinary chair to take the place of a barre. With two 30-minute workouts on one DVD, barre3® founder Sadie Lincoln gives the moves and the tips on form that will bring about deep changes in the muscles. The results are strength without bulk—the look of a dancer without a single ballet lesson. Filmed in a picturesque garden overlooking the ocean, it’s a perfect ‘me-time’ moment for anyone to indulge their body and mind for the better. Available on Amazon and in stores beginning December 3 2013, it will have a suggested retail price of $14.98, less than the price of a single barre class!
Sadie Lincoln teaches her unique three-pronged approach to women all over the world. It evolves the traditional dancer’s workout by combining the grace of the ballet barre with the mindfulness of yoga and the strength of Pilates for long, lean results in minimal time. When Lincoln says to move the leg “just an inch,” one quickly learns that’s all it takes to bring on the muscle shakes. In barre work, small moves bring big results. Lincoln offers a steady stream of form checks to keep the body aligned to reap the maximum benefits. The DVD offers a Burn & Firm program designed to tone the entire body while raising the heart rate. Starting with isometric conditioning using small, controlled movements, it layers on exercises with larger ranges of motion. It flows and builds heat. It boosts stamina, energy and sculpts that dancer’s physique. The Lengthen & Strengthen workout is a dynamic combination of standing moves and floor work. The goal is always a balanced body; strong and lean.
Sadie Lincoln is a renowned wellness expert, media personality and founder of barre3. From her flagship studio in Portland, Oregon, Sadie has created a unique style of whole-health fitness classes combining the disciplines of ballet barre work, Pilates and yoga. Her modern approach offers serious results, accessible programs and inspiration for balanced living. Lincoln has a master’s degree in education from William & Mary College. She has been teaching fitness for over 20 years. She is married with two school age children.
Check out a clip of Barre Conditioning here:
Got that? Now, in order to win a copy of this DVD (Continental U.S. only!) you must do the following:
- Post a comment below (on this particular blog post).
- Tweet out your interest by saying “I want to win @anchorbayent Barre Conditioning DVD from @BrooklynFitChik”
- Subscribe to my You Tube here (let me know if you are already subscribed!) http://www.youtube.com/user/BrooklynFitChick1
I will pick the winner next Monday, November 25th at NOON eastern time and contact them directly. Good luck!
Until next time…
Brooklyn Fit Chick
Follow me on Twitter: “BrooklynFitChik” (note the spelling!)
You Tube: BrooklynFitChick1