Book Vs. Movie Podcast
Planet of the Apes
The Margos go Ape over the 1963 classic novel “Monkey Planet” vs the 1968 classic Charlton Heston film which ignited a whole generation. In this episode we discuss the following:
- Pierre Boulle’s life as a prisoner of war
- Rod Serling’s influence on the film and the memorable ending
- Differences between the worlds of the novel and the movie
- Charlton Heston’s politics in the 1960s
- The technological challenges of making the film.
- The many, many iterations of the series over the years
Book Vs. Movie podcast https://www.facebook.com/bookversusmovie/
Twitter @bookversusmovie www.bookversusmovie.com
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Original article: Book Vs Movie Replay: “Planet of the Apes”.